Copying files between linux machines

Being a Windows user and new to Linux I automatically started looking around for a Linux equivalent of WinSCP. I've just recently installed Linux on my laptop, and when I wanted to browse the file system of my desktop, it suddenly occurred to me that I might be able to just browse it through Nautilus.

It turns out to be really simple in Gnome: just go to 'Places' in the menu bar and select 'Connect to server...'. From here you can pick from several different protocols (including FTP, SSH, Windows share).

I just needed to specify SSH, and supply the desktops details and then I could see the server in the Nautilus tree. Fantastic!

Details : Ubuntu 6.10 (Linux laptop1 2.6.17-11-generic #2 SMP Thu Feb 1 19:52:28 UTC 2007 i686 GNU/Linux)

Popular posts from this blog

Slow, Buffering, Stuttering Udemy Video

Intellij tip - Joining multiple lines into one

Looking for IT work in Australia? JobReel.com.au!