Grails and Eclipse

I've just been lead astray by a little problem with my Eclipse setup, while working on a Grails project. It's documented that when working on a Grails project and using the Groovy Eclipse plugin, you must turn off 'Enable Groovy Compiler Generating Classes' otherwise it will interfere with your Grails project.

While working on a Groovy project I had re-enabled this, and after switching back to my Grails project, I would get this exception when running grails run-app :

Server failed to start:
org.mortbay.util.MultiException
[org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.InvokerInvocationException:
groovy.lang.MissingMethodException:
No signature of method:
Note.save() is applicable for argument types: () values: {}]

(Note.groovy is my domain class)

When I noticed a bunch of Eclipse generated content in the root of my project I quickly remembered this issue.

Since the setting in question is a workspace setting, I think the best solution for me would be to have separate workspaces for Groovy and Grails projects.

Popular posts from this blog

Slow, Buffering, Stuttering Udemy Video

Intellij tip - Joining multiple lines into one

Looking for IT work in Australia? JobReel.com.au!