MythFrontend for viewing media over the network

I've installed MythTV frontend on my laptop so now I can view TV and recordings, and play music across the network. I had to change the backend setup to serve from the ip address instead of 'localhost', and I also changed bind-address in /etc/mysql/my.conf to use the ip address. I'm not sure if I had to change mysql, but I assume so.

I've also edited fstab to mount my media over the network so that the path on the frontend machine is exactly the same as on the backend (this was recommended in the post I found about setting the remote frontend up):
//mythtv/media /home/paul/media/ cifs credentials=/etc/samba/user,noexec 0 0

My /etc/samba/smb.conf has a corresponding entry to share the directory:

[media]
path = /home/paul/media
available = yes
browsable = yes
public = yes
writable = no

Popular posts from this blog

Slow, Buffering, Stuttering Udemy Video

Intellij tip - Joining multiple lines into one

Looking for IT work in Australia? JobReel.com.au!