No module named _multiprocessing

I'm getting back into appengine at the moment, and I came across this error:

No module named _multiprocessing


A google search turned up this error report:

http://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/detail?id=1504


which lead to this post:

http://code.google.com/p/soc/wiki/GettingStarted


The problem was of-course, that I was using Python 2.6 instead of 2.5.

I love Linux, the solution is trivial:
The workaround for this is to install Python 2.5 on your machine. It will be then be accessible by using python2.5 on the command line. Then open thirdparty/google_appengine/dev_appserver.py in your favorite text editor and replace the first line,

#!/usr/bin/env python

with

#!/usr/bin/env python2.5


Note, I already had Python 2.5 installed via:

sudo apt-get install python2.5


Now, I'll promptly get back to figuring out how best to use DataStore to implement my solution!

Popular posts from this blog

Slow, Buffering, Stuttering Udemy Video

Intellij tip - Joining multiple lines into one

Looking for IT work in Australia? JobReel.com.au!