Week in Review - 2010-27

I've recently made updates to my grails plugins to ensure they work on Grails 1.3. I hadn't touched them for a while, so it took a bit of effort. I haven't had the opportunity to use Grails much lately, so I had to catch up on changes. One issue I have is that its impossible to know if anyone is actually using these plugins, and therefore are they worth maintaining?

I recently stumbled across AgileRecord.com - The Magazine for Agile Developers and Agile Testers. This is a downloadable PDF magazine, I think it only requires registration. Very interesting read, I recommend checking it out.

Another awesome read is "Scrum and XP from the Trenches" - http://www.infoq.com/minibooks/scrum-xp-from-the-trenches - This describes how one team implemented agile and is a fantastic source of information.

I've been playing with Joomla lately, and I'm liking it so far. There is a bit of a learning curve, because it has a different paradigm than Wordpress - while Wordpress is very focussed on blogging, Joomla is more generic and takes a bit of getting used to. Hopefully it will prove to be flexible enough to meet my needs.

I was creating some images with GIMP, and I had an issue where the text I was adding was very chunky - it looked terrible. I googled around and found the answer here http://www.gimphelp.org/tutorials/basic_text_tool.shtml - switching the image mode to RGB fixed everything.

Recent Releases

Popular posts from this blog

Slow, Buffering, Stuttering Udemy Video

Intellij tip - Joining multiple lines into one

Looking for IT work in Australia? JobReel.com.au!