Moving from Wordpress to Blogger

I recently moved from Wordpress to Blogger. It just seemed to make sense to me, less maintenance (I was running Wordpress on a Linux VPS) and no infrastructure to worry about.

It hasn't been seamless though - I used the Wordpress2Blogger script to transfer my content to Blogger but it appears there have been some issues:

Firstly, managing comments is totally broken - If I try to access the comments from the management screen, all I get is:

We're sorry, but we were unable to complete your request.
When reporting this error to Blogger Support or on the Blogger Help Group, please:
Describe what you were doing when you got this error.
Provide the following error code.
bX-naxxg8
This information will help us to track down your specific problem and fix it! We apologise for the inconvenience.

Try googling for that error code and you get nothing. I've sent the Blogger team an email using the online help but I've heard nothing back.

Secondly, some of my posts don't work - they give a similar error, and I thinking it may be related to comments. Meaning, maybe that post has comments. For an example, see http://www.javathinking.com/2010/05/introducing-jtsysmon.html - the error code there is bX-pi8lav which again has no search results.

Thirdly, some minor formatting issues exist, the permalinks have changed (blogger urls end with .html whereas wordpress urls just ended with / and it doesn't seem possible to change the permalink on old posts), and traffic to this blog has dropped off significantly (according to Google analytics, I used to get about 2000 visits per month mostly from search traffic - now I'm only getting a fraction of that). Google seems to have only indexed the blogger monthly archive pages, and haven't removed the old wordpress links. I was hoping that by now (I think I switched a couple of weeks ago) the index would be up to date and accurate!

Anyway, I've bitten the bullet, hopefully I can keep blogging and get more readers!

Popular posts from this blog

Slow, Buffering, Stuttering Udemy Video

Intellij tip - Joining multiple lines into one

Looking for IT work in Australia? JobReel.com.au!