Printing after upgrading from Mythbuntu 8.04 to 8.10

I've just noticed printing not working on my mediacenter. Its not something I do often, so I assume it stopped after the upgrade.

There was no printing configuration under settings, so I installed:

sudo apt-get install system-config-printer-gnome


This gave me UI feedback that the printer was not working.

I could see an error in /var/log/cups/error_log:
E [18/Jan/2009:00:47:46 +1100] Filter "rastertogutenprint.5.0" for printer "PSC_2100_Series" not available: No such file or directory


I found the answer by googling at http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-520453.html :
sudo aptitude purge gs-esp
sudo aptitude install cupsys cupsys-driver-gutenprint foomatic-db-gutenprint foomatic-filters fontconfig libtiff4 libfreetype6 gs-esp

I had to go into Settings/Printing/Server/Settings to re-enable remote printing.
Sorted.

Popular posts from this blog

Slow, Buffering, Stuttering Udemy Video

Intellij tip - Joining multiple lines into one

Looking for IT work in Australia? JobReel.com.au!